Living ZOOM Choir!
Thursday nights 7-8:20pm PST on Zoom
Spring Session: March 10-May 12 2022
Sliding Scale, no one turned away for lack of funds
Newcomers always welcome
Living Room Choir on Zoom Highlights from the Spring 2020 Session:
- Thursdays, 7-8:20pmPST
- March 10-May12
- Led by Kaitie Ty Warren and Sara Stutz
- 10 Week Series suggested sliding scale: $120-240
- REGISTER: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0sdOiopz8iGNPNu_X3OpznFV6kw0FzzG-A
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Next, please head to https://thelivingroomchoir.com/payments/ and send your tuition payment. You MUST reserve in order for me to know you are in the choir, and receive announcement emails.
- As usual, no one turned away for lack of funds. If you’re unable to make the bottom end of the sliding scale, please talk to me.
Please invite anyone you think might be interested in joining us!
- Exact time and place is still TBD, but likely on Saturdays 3:30-5 in Berkeley CA
- $15-25 Sliding Scale, no one turned away for lack of funds
- SPACE WILL BE LIMITED, and all attendees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (as eligible) for COVID-19*. Keep an eye out for the email and RSVP as soon as you can to hold your spot. (These events will also be announced in person at Zoom Choir.)
- You do not need to be a member of the Zoom session in order to join.
- These plans are subject to change depending on pandemic and weather.
- These Sings will be spacious enough for social distancing, but they are mask-optional.
About Living Room Choir Online:
Perhaps now more than ever,
being part of a caring community to regularly experience life together through music, dance, and fellowship is imperative to our well-being.
Singing is also great for your health – it boosts your immune system, lung capacity and more!
– written March 2020, when we moved to Zoom-only
Living Room Choir is a culture of joy, stress-reduction, and meaningful connection with self and others.
We practice harmony in community while practicing harmony in song.
This is an explicitly antiracist, queer-friendly, trans-affirming space. People of all backgrounds and identities are welcome.
Living Room Choir uses simple yet lush harmonies to build the teaching of songs, live, over Zoom, and create a communal experience using music as a vehicle.
Leader Kaitie Ty Warren teaches original songs, as well as songs from around the world, in the oral tradition. No sight reading or musical experience necessary. You will receive recorded teaching tracks of many of the songs we practice, so that you can sing along at home between rehearsals.
Although we will mostly be muted as a group (since Zoom won’t allow us to sing in sync) we will still be psychically and visually connected through song.
We are part of the Ubuntu Choirs Network, an international choirs community which believes its everybody’s birthright to sing.
Come with an open mind and be ready to sing, dance and/or listen in harmonic community.
All ages and newcomers are always welcome – no musical experience necessary.
~We look forward to singing with you!~