Living Room Choir Spring 2021 Session!
- Kaitie will be co-leading with Sara Stutz
- Sliding scale $240-120; no one turned away for lack of funds
- Open to all – newcomers, non-singers, all ages etc!
- We will sing some on-the-spot songs, and some longer ones we can sink more deeply into over the course of the session
- This is a cumulative session, meaning that we will not be advertising the nights individually, but at this time we don’t have a virtual concert planned. We’ll do something cool to wrap up the session together, though!
- Register for the Spring Session: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUodO-gqT8sGNZ8G2zK4pd9iLdg72FiuMwP
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting
- After registering, please send payment to paypal.me/kaitiety (please select “Sending to Friend” or “Friends and Family” to avoid fees) or Venmo: venmo.com/KaitieTy-Warren
- Check payments, adjusted tuition scale, and other options are available. Contact me to arrange. Dollars are not the only way to contribute to this community, and no one is ever turned away for lack of funds.
Living Room Choir on Zoom Highlights from the Spring 2020 Session:
Perhaps now more than ever,
being part of a caring community to regularly experience life together through music, dance, and fellowship is imperative to our well-being.
Singing is also great for your health – it boosts your immune system, lung capacity and more!
We have found, in the Spring Session (which started in-person before COVID-19 hit) and Summer Session, the importance of having a weekly, joyful practice together.
Living Room Choir continues to offer weekly gatherings, now online!
Come be part of this fantastic musical community!
About Living Room Choir Online:
Living Room Choir is a culture of joy, stress-reduction, and meaningful connection with self and others.
We practice harmony in community while practicing harmony in song.
This is an explicitly antiracist, queer-friendly, trans-affirming space. People of all backgrounds and identities are welcome.
Living Room Choir uses simple yet lush harmonies to build the teaching of songs, live, over Zoom, and create a communal experience using music as a vehicle.
Leader Kaitie Ty Warren teaches original songs, as well as songs from around the world, in the oral tradition. No sight reading or musical experience necessary. You will receive recorded teaching tracks of many of the songs we practice, so that you can sing along at home between rehearsals.
Although we will mostly be muted as a group (since Zoom won’t allow us to sing in sync) we will still be psychically and visually connected through song.
We are part of the Ubuntu Choirs Network, an international choirs community which believes its everybody’s birthright to sing.
Come with an open mind and be ready to sing, dance and/or listen in harmonic community.
All ages and newcomers are always welcome – no musical experience necessary.
~We look forward to singing with you!~