Please Join Us!
For a Living Room Choir ANEW: BIG SING
Saturday, May 13th
Outdoors (weather permitting; see indoor back-up plan below)
At Grace Lutheran Church
15 Santa Fe, El Cerrito CA (street parking, 10 minute walk from El Cerrito Plaza BART)
We’ll be sharing songs we’ve been working on this session!
There will be some light teaching: sing along, or just listen.
By donation; suggested sliding scale $10-25. All proceeds go toward the continuation of this community choir. No amount is too small or too large – we can use it all to support this work and community. You can make your donation through our Payments page or at the event itself. Seats are not reserved.
Our outdoor seating includes some chairs on the lawn, but you are welcome to bring picnic blankets or whatever feels right for your body.
This is an all-ages space and very welcoming of families. We understand you may need to come and go and/or not remain seated. The courtyard is enclosed with a gate, and there will be some activities for young kids in one area of the courtyard; please do not bring pets except by prior arrangement.
Singing is still considered a high risk activity, and we are a Covid-Cautious Community with a variety of health concerns and comfort levels.
We are asking all attendees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and other viruses wherever eligible (we understand that there are age and health limitations on certain vaccines; those exceptions are welcome too.)
As with most activities nowadays, please do not attend if you’re under the weather or have a recent known exposure to COVID-19.
Thank you for doing your part to keep others safe!
OUR PLAN FOR SUN:
If it’s warm and dry we’ll meet outside in the courtyard of Grace Lutheran Church.
- We will be spread out on the lawn of the church’s courtyard. We use the Bird-Cat-Dog method of gathering, so folks are welcome to get close or distance, their choice.
- Masks are optional (most of our choir members choose to unmask when outdoors.)
- Bring layers – even on sunny days, it can get chilly in the Bay Area. You just never know.
- Chairs are available; you are also welcome to bring camping chairs or picnic blankets.
OUR PLAN FOR RAIN:
If it’s raining or seems like it might rain, we will meet inside the Sanctuary of Grace Lutheran Church.
- We will provide N95 masks at the door that are duck-bill shaped and infinitely easier to sing in than the standard kind. You are welcome to wear your own N95 if you prefer. Small children and folks with breathing difficulties can wear the masks that work for them (and children under 2 are not expected to mask at all.)
- Once inside, we’ll encourage social distancing, and have the windows open and fans and filters on.
- The choir members will all be rapid-tested for COVID day-of the event, and they too will be masked, except the leaders while leading or other moments of needing facial communication.
- Because the windows will be open, please dress warmly or bring layers.
Thank you for keeping our community safe so we can sing in person once more!
Grace Church is located on unceded xučyun (Huichin) home territory (what is now known as Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, Piedmont, Emeryville and Albany, California). The Chochenyo speaking Lisjan Ohlone people, have lived on this land for thousands of years.