Make sure to get on our mailing list by contacting us if you want to be invited to future workshops!
Scheduled Workshops Below:
Kaitie teaches at Heather Houston’s Sisters in Harmony Retreat, July 6-9, 2023 in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Details here: https://heatherhoustonmusic.com/retreats/
Kaitie leads services for BFUU, Earth Day 2023, 10:30am in the Bay Area, details here:
Sara Sings in the Park!
Come join Living Room Choir for an afternoon sing in the park:
- John Hinkle Park Amphitheater, Berkeley
- Sunday, July 18, 2022, 3:00-4:30
- Led by: Sara Stutz (with support from Kaitie Ty Warren)
- Bring: yourselves, a water bottle, perhaps a simple song you’d like to share, layers of clothing (lots of shade), perhaps a portable chair if you desire.
- Directions: Get yourself to the Marin Circle Fountain in Berkeley, head up Arlington Ave, take the first right, which is Somerset Place and follow this to the dead end, which is where the amphitheater is.
- Feel free to bring friends along – this will be a friendly, casual, summer-time sing.
- This is a mask optional event.
- RSVP helpful (but you’re welcome if you spontaneously show up) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions? Feel free to e-mail, text or call Sara 510-375-5420
Note: If another group is using this space, we will move to another location in the park, somewhere on the grass behind the amphitheater or above the amphitheater.
Community Singing on Zoom!
A one-day workshop exploring community experience through community music – online!
- On Zoom (you must register ahead of time at this link to receive the meeting link)
- Saturday, July 24th, 5-6:30pm
- Led by: Kaitie Ty Warren (with support from Sara Stutz)
- Suggested donation (no one ever turned away for lack of funds)
- Completely open to newcomers and people who consider themselves non-singers
- Because we will be connecting visually, we encourage folks to have their cameras on, but it is not required
- This event will be recorded, and the recording will be made available after the fact to registered participants.
Some of what we’ll explore:
- circle singing: building a song together as a group using the looper, one track at a time
- incorporating American Sign Language into some of our favorite choir songs so we can watch each other sing, even over Zoom
- singing to each other
- call-and-response, and layer songs, using heterophony (singing out of sync) and a looper
Sisters in Harmony Summer Retreat 2021
A women’s singing retreat at the stunning Om Oasis Retreat Center in the Santa Cruz Mountains
with Heather Houston, MaMuse, Becky Reardon, Debbie Nargi Brown, Amanda West and Kaitie Ty Warren !
Immerse your self in sacred sisterhood, song, yoga, meditation, ritual, nature, saltwater pool, hot tubs and saunas. We’ll be singing altogether in one big group the entire weekend! Fill your cup with songs that open your heart and uplift your spirit!
Food: Organic, locally sourced, vegetarian, gluten free meals.
Lodging – Camping, glamping, yurts, cabins, and tree houses are available. Some shared, some singles.
Visit HeatherHoustonMusic.com/Retreats for more information and to register.
September 10-December 3rd 2020:
Sara Stutz will be holding Drop-In Thursday evenings for group singing while choir director Kaitie Ty Warren is on maternity leave.
Come to one or all!
See our Choir Online page for more info!
(Below) Hope Lingers On (trio rehearsal) by Lissa Schneckenburger and Low Lily, led by Sara Stutz (left)
Sisters In Harmony Global ~ Big Sing 2020
August 8th, 2-5pm PST on Zoom
Visit Eventbrite for more info
Karly Loveling is holding you from afar through Singing Heart online until we can safely hug and harmonize once again! Every week Karly leads songs on Tuesday mornings and Wednesday nights, with guest song leaders joining in once a week. Wednesday June 10th, we’ll be joined by Kaitie Ty Warren of Living Room Choir, who took the Community Choir Leadership Training with Karly as well as attending several Songleading events together throughout the years since. Kaitie and Karly are a dynamic duo that will also be leading with Heather Houston this month in her online series: Sisters in Harmony Global. Join Singing Heart any time by signing up for the newsletter at http://singingheartchoir.com/.
To join Kaitie and Karly Wednesday June 10th, use this link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81680823837 from 7-8pm PST.
Contributions are appreciated at https://PayPal.me/LovelingSong.
San Francisco Free Folk Festival
Saturday, June 13, 2020
Online this year!
Run by the San Francisco Folk Music Club
SongCircle: Living Room Choir
5:00 – 6:00pm PST
Saturday, June 13, 2020
Live on Zoom on Festival Day! Pre-registration required. Register at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMuc-yprTMpH9bzQ2bsNjmhD7rke8fi5pZH .
Insta-choir: just add people, and make a musical community online! Living Room Choir uses simple yet lush harmonies to build the teaching of songs, live, over Zoom, and create a communal experience using music as a vehicle. Leader Kaitie Ty Warren teaches original songs, as well as songs from around the world, in the oral tradition – no musical experience necessary! – and although we will mostly be muted (since Zoom won’t allow us to sing in sync) we will be psychically and visually connected through song. Come with an open mind and be ready to sing, dance and/or listen in harmonic community; all ages welcome.
Kaitie Ty Warren has been leading Living Room Choir and communal singing workshops since 2014. She is part of the Ubuntu Choirs Network, an international web of choirs that believes it’s everybody’s birthright to sing. She writes original songs and also teaches folk songs from around the world, continually studying in a worldwide network of songleaders to pursue integrity and accuracy when teaching songs from other cultures. She had tremendous respect for music as a community vehicle, and believes in inclusivity and diversity in musical practice. During shelter-in-place, she continues her community building song-centered workshops and Living Room Choir online.
Sisters in Harmony Global with Heather Houston, Karly Loveling & Kaitie Ty Warren
Virtual Singing Circles for all those identifying as women
Mon, June 15, 2020
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM PDT
About this Event
Sing your griefs, gratitudes, prayers, and praises.
Learn heart opening songs for the journey.
Feel fortified, connected, and uplifted.
Let’s feel the power of our global community!
Heather, Karly and Kaitie offer you a pocket full of heart medicine songs for these times. We’ll dive into vocal meditation and collective prayer, mantra, heart opening songs, soulful songs, fun songs, and songs that make us want to dance!
Please bring an item for the altar and a candle to light.
Thank you so much for your donations. This is a tough time for many, and musicians are no exception. Heather offers a 60/40 split to her guest artists.
10% off the top donated to the Navajo Nation Covid 19 Relief Fund
***The ZOOM LINK will be sent out in the initial reply email, and then again TEN MINUTES prior to the event, TO THE EMAIL YOU USED HERE ON EVENTBRITE. It will be sent FROM EVENTBRITE. *** Please check your spam folder.
CALLS WILL BE RECORDED – a replay will be sent out to all ticket holders.
More info on Eventbrite