Songs for Babies and their Grownups
Join us Tuesday evenings for this sweet, online pilot program of a new singing group for babies!
- 3 Tuesdays in a row (with more down the road if it’s a hit!)
- 5-5:30ish pm (feel free to hop on late if you need to – we all understand baby schedules.) We’ll leave the room open at the end for a few minutes for anyone who wants to stay and chat
- November 16, 23 and 30. You must register for one, two, or all three using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrdeuvpzgvEtdPn-3qcMXPQdt3Yxx8MsH0
- Once you’re registered, you will receive an email with your personal link to attend the Zoom meeting
- Suggested donation $15 (sliding scale $10-20) paid online; no one turned away for lack of funds. See our Payments page: https://thelivingroomchoir.com/payments/
- If you bring a friend, pay 2-for-1
- No musical background necessary (you will learn simple yet lush, engaging songs that are easy to grab on to, but you will also be singing mostly on mute, so it’s very little pressure!)
- BY INVITATION ONLY: since we are dealing with babies and the internet, please help get the word out by inviting friends and other parents you know. Folks must have a baby or child with them to attend, but reach out to me if you want to bring a family member in a separate Zoom window so I know they belong to your group.
- Babies and kids of all ages are welcome. This is designed for babies (under 2 years old) in mind but appropriate for all ages
- Expect to sing along with your baby, and feel free to bring shaker eggs, pots and pans to bang on, or anything else fun for music-making! The songs are chosen specifically with the grownups in mind as well as the babies. Kaitie is a pandemic parent and knows first-hand the loneliness and challenges of parenting during this time. The songs are meant to uplift and nourish, as well as give you some new material to sing with your little one.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Below are Kaitie and Luca singing Bele Mama, a children’s song from Camaroon, using a looper. Below that is an older (and quieter) video of Kaitie and Luca singing T’Dumela/We Are One, by Brian Abrahams and Roxanne Smith.