On hiatus while we work on mounting some in-person events!
Contact us to find out more.
Songs for Babies and their Grownups
Join us Tuesday evenings for this sweet, online pilot program of a new singing group for babies!
- Tuesdays 5:30-6pm PST (feel free to hop on late if you need to – we all understand baby schedules.) We’ll leave the room open at the end for a few minutes for anyone who wants to stay and chat
***I’m inviting all members of the community this week since there is no Living Room Choir this week – folks of all ages, babies or no, are welcome to attend. If you need some singing and some connection, please come. Newcomers are also always welcome.***
- Registration link (on hiatus)
- Once you’re registered, you will receive an email with your personal link to attend the Zoom meeting; please then head to our payment page to complete payment.
- Suggested donation $15 (sliding scale $10-20) paid online; no one turned away for lack of funds. See our Payments page: https://thelivingroomchoir.com/payments/
- Bring a friend and pay 1 for 2
- No musical background necessary (you will learn simple yet lush, engaging songs that are easy to grab on to, but you will also be singing mostly on mute, so it’s very little pressure!)
- Babies and kids of all ages are welcome. This is designed for babies (under 2 years old) in mind but appropriate for all ages. At this time we are only open for folx accompanied by a child or baby, but loved ones can attend in separate Zoom windows (and thus from afar!)
- Songs are taught by oral tradition, so you can pick them up and sing along as we go. Feel free to bring shaker eggs, pots and pans to bang on, or anything else fun for music-making! It’s also fine to use it as background to accompany playtime.
- The songs are chosen specifically with the grownups in mind as well as the babies. Kaitie is a pandemic parent and knows first-hand the loneliness and challenges of parenting during this time. The songs are meant to uplift and nourish, as well as give you some new material to sing with your little one.
- Simple Harmonies is part of the Ubuntu Choirs Network
Email email@example.com with any questions!
Below are Kaitie and Luca singing Bele Mama, a children’s song from Camaroon, using a looper. Below that is an older (and quieter) video of Kaitie and Luca singing T’Dumela/We Are One, by Brian Abrahams and Roxanne Smith.