Anyone can lead!
Saturdays, January 7th-February 4th
El Cerrito, CA
Held by Sara Stutz, with Deborah Leeds
We have a fun and casual opportunity to gather and sing, using a “Round Robin” approach during the break between Living Room Choir ANEW sessions.
At a Round Robin, any singers who would like to explore the experience of teaching a song to our very supportive group are encouraged to volunteer. Fear not! Leading a song is completely optional, and if you’re on the fence, this is a wonderful safe space to give it a try.
It’s also a great time to just come and sing in community. There is no obligation to lead. You can pick and choose which dates you would like to attend, and we welcome any and all to these events. Please invite any (vaccinated) friends who might want to come and join us!
Sara Stutz is delighted to be the facilitator for the first four circles (Jan 7, 14, 21 & 28) Deborah Leeds will bring her magic on February 4. LRC ANEW leader Kaitie Ty Warren will join in for some if not all and will workshop new songs!
We are very much looking forward to seeing and singing with you and creating beautiful music and community together! If you want more information about how to lead a song or choose a song to teach, visit this fabulous resource on Song Village’s website (scroll down to the section called “Leading Songs”)
Please note, we will meet from 3 to 4:30 p.m. (EARLIER than our previous time):
- Saturdays, January 7-February 4, 3-4:30pm
- At Grace Lutheran Church OUTDOORS in the courtyard (weather permitting): 15 Santa Fe, El Cerrito CA (street parking, 10 minute walk from El Cerrito Plaza BART). There are indoor bathrooms available. Bring layers!
- We will continue to observe Living Room Choir ANEW Covid precautions. We ask that all singers either take a rapid test at home, one hour prior to joining us or come and use an LRC provided rapid test onsite. For more information, please see: https://thelivingroomchoir.com/covid-precautions/
- In the spirit of welcome and inclusion, we observe the Bird-Cat-Dog Method of gathering. You can learn more about this concept here: https://thelivingroomchoir.com/the-birdcatdog-method-of-gathering/
- By donation; suggested sliding scale $5 to $15. All proceeds go toward the continuation of this community choir. (You can pay in advance via our Payments Page or pay at the event.). As always, no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- We plan to be outdoors and mask-optional for all, but if we have to move indoors for weather, we will ask that all singers (except for the person leading the song) wear a N95 mask (duck-billed masks will be available).
- Thank you for keeping our community safe so we can sing in person once more!
If you want reminders directly to your inbox please CONTACT US to get on the mailing list!