Community Singing on Zoom!
A one-day workshop exploring community experience through community music – online!
- On Zoom (you must register ahead of time at this link to receive the meeting link)
- Saturday, July 24th, 5-6:30pm
- Led by: Kaitie Ty Warren (with support from Sara Stutz)
- Suggested donation (no one ever turned away for lack of funds)
- Completely open to newcomers and people who consider themselves non-singers
- Because we will be connecting visually, we encourage folks to have their cameras on, but it is not required
- This event will be recorded, and the recording will be made available after the fact to registered participants.
Some of what we’ll explore:
- circle singing: building a song together as a group using the looper, one track at a time
- incorporating American Sign Language into some of our favorite choir songs so we can watch each other sing, even over Zoom
- singing to each other
- call-and-response, and layer songs, using heterophony (singing out of sync) and a looper